Sunday, July 13, 2008

Accident Prone Nate




This past Monday, Nate was riding his bike down a small incline in our neighborhood. He decided to use his feet as brakes and he went down. Right away I could tell his arm was broken. We went to the ER and sure enough he broke it and broke it bad. He completely snapped the radius right off. In the ER they put him under and reset his bone and just put a splint on. We are going to see the Orthopedic Surgeon in the morning to find out just have bad it is and if we need pins or what. We had to wait clear until Monday because there is only 1 group of orthopedics surgeons here and we couldn't get in until then. Bryce and Dr. deKay, (Bryce now works in a practice with 5 MDs, and deKay is the owner), had access to the hospitals computer in their office, so they pulled up the x-rays, and luckily the growth plate was not damaged! That is a huge relief. But we will see tommorow if we are going to need surgery. There goes Nate's summer fun..I had to call and cancel the golf class he was in, swimming, and woodworking. At least we got a bunch of fun stuff in on the 4th!

3 comments:

Mical and Diana said...

Hey guys! We're glad you found our blog. We just started it a few weeks ago so we're still trying to get "connected" with the rest of the family. It sounds like you guys are enjoying New Mexico. We really like your new house.

Ian and Lara said...

I am so glad that you are blogging again! Looks like you guys have been busy having fun! And poor Nate! I can totally feel for him! I guess just cool people break their radius bones :) I hope he doesn't have to have pins. It is not fun! Good luck with that!

Shelly said...

Hey, I came across your blog from the Brackens, I have a blog now too. I haven't gotten into it much but Karen is making me learn how to do more than just a post or two. I will have to add you to list when I figure out how to do that!!! It is so good to see photos of your kids. They have grown up so much!
My blog is daveharrisfamily.blogspot.com Maybe soon, it will be worth looking at, who knows!!